Sunday 27 December 2009

Book Review: Stolen by Lucy Christopher


I’m struggling somewhat to write a review of this Stolen as really not much happened.

The premise is great: British girl at Bangkok airport gets kidnapped and drugged and taken to Australia by her captor where he keeps her in the middle of the baron outback with no way of escape. I wanted to like it but the truth be told I was bored throughout most of it. I didn’t feel any anxiety for Gemma’s predicament or feel her fear, I never really got a sense that the book was set in the Australian outback (I knew it was set there, but it didn’t feel real). There was not an adequate enough explanation for why her kidnapper, Ty, had taken her.

I have read other books about being in the Australian outback (Douglas Kennedy’s The Dead Heart scared the life out of me) but as far as this book goes, it’s not one I could recommend unfortunatley.

No comments:

Post a Comment